Training pilots to obtain the TRI or SFI(A) rating and become flight instructor for type ratings on FSTD and/or on the aircraft.
The initial course is available for the following aircraft types:
- Airbus A320
- Boeing B737-300/900
- Hawker HS125
- Cessna C500/550/560
- Cessna C501/551
- Cessna C650
- Embraer EMB135/145
During the course the following subjects are covered:
- Teaching and learning methods and techniques,
- Lesson preparation;
- Teaching methods on the FFS;
- Role-played exercises and correction of common errors;
- FSTD instructor panel management;
- Flight management with inexperienced pilots;
- Threat and Error management and mitigation techniques;
- Technical knowledge specific to the aircraft type requested
- CPL/ATPL licence with valid type rating on the requested aircraft type (for TRI only)
- 1500 flight hours on multi-pilot aircraft;
- Have completed, within the 12 months preceding the course, 30 sectors - including take-offs and landings - as PIC or COP on the aircraft type, of which maximum 15 may have been performed in the FFS.
(Part 1) Teaching & Learning course: 25 hours
(Part 2) Technical Training: at least 10 hours
(Part 3) 10 hours on simulator FFS
Practical training on the aircraft, if required, of 1 hour
Assessment of Competence on FFS
Revalidation and renewal
For the revalidation or renewal of a TRI/SFI certificate, our ATO offers a TRI/SFI refesher seminar in accordance with FCL.940.TRI (a)(1)(ii) and FCL.940.TRI(b)(1)(ii). In case of renewal (expired certificate), this shall be complemented with practical refresher training on FFS.
For further information and/or for a quote, please do not hesitate to contact us.