This course trains pilots to obtain the TRI or SFI(A) rating and become flight instructor for type ratings on FSTD and/or on the aircraft.
The initial course is available for the following aircraft types:
- Airbus A320
- Boeing B737-300/900
- Hawker HS125
- Cessna C500/550/560
- Cessna C501/551
- Cessna C650
- Embraer EMB135/145
During the course the following subjects are covered:
- Teaching and learning methods and techniques
- Lesson preparation
- Teaching methods on the FFS
- Role-played exercises and correction of common errors
- FSTD instructor panel management
- Flight management with inexperienced pilots
- Threat and Error management and mitigation techniques
- Technical knowledge specific to the aircraft type requested
- 1500 flight hours on multi-pilot aircraft
- For TRI only: CPL/ATPL licence with valid type rating on the requested aircraft type
- For TRI only: Candidate must have completed 30 sectors as PIC or COP (including take-offs and landings) on the aircraft type within 12 months preceding the course. A maximum 15 of these 30 sectors may have been performed in the FFS.
- For SFI only: Hold or have held an ATPL license and passed a skill test on the type of aircraft which SFI privileges are sought.
- (Part 1) 25 hours of Teaching & Learning course
- (Part 2) At least 10 hours of Technical Training
- (Part 3) 10 hours on simulator FFS
- 1 hour of practical training on the aircraft (if required)
- Assessment of Competence on FFS
REVALIDATION AND RENEWAL
For the revalidation or renewal of a TRI/SFI certificate, our ATO offers a TRI/SFI Refesher Seminar in accordance with FCL.940.TRI (a)(1)(ii) and FCL.940.TRI(b)(1)(ii). In case of renewal (expired certificate), this shall be complemented with practical refresher training on FFS.
For further information and/or for a quote, please do not hesitate to contact us.