This course trains pilots to obtain a Type Rating that allows the candidates to fly as a Captain or a Co-Pilot on the following types of aircraft of the Airbus Family:
- Familiarisation training on the different variants
Candidates of this course benefit from the credits permitted by EASA OSD A340 "Cross Crew Qualification."
The course is conducted exclusively by Instructor/Examiner Captains (TRI/TRE) with extensive experience in airlines on these aircraft.
- Hold a valid CPL/IR-ME (with ATPL Theory) or higher
- Valid 1st class medical check
- Valid type rating on A320 (defined base type rating)
- Minimum experience of at least 3 months and 150 flight hours on the base-type rating.
- 24 hours of theoretical training with Airbus CBT with instructor support
- 3 training sessions (4 hours each) on simulator FFS A340
- 1 check session on simulator FFS A340 (Licence Skill Test)
6 take-offs and 6 landings on the aircraft (4/4 for pilots with at least 500 flight hours on MPA of similar dimensions and performance) or a ZFTT session